Thursday, March 11, 2010

Technique Analysis; The Brabo Choke From Inside Half Guard

Due to popular demand I'll be putting out a series of technique reviews on current video clips that are out there. It seems like alot of you miss these technique analysis type posts so I'll be returning to them over the next couple of weeks.

Over the next few posts I'll be looking at different possibilities and applications of the brabo choke, also known as the d'arce choke.

This first one goes over the basics of applying the choke from inside your opponents half guard. I chose this clip to start with because of it's simplicity as well as it's clear demonstration of proper arm placement for the choke.

The beauty of the brabo choke is it's applicability from a variety of positions and this is what makes it a very versatile choke as well as one of my favorites.

Pay attention to an important variation in the technique that I'll be discussing in a future post in that here they are demonstrating the choke without the arm in. I will more clearly be pointing out this difference in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment