Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Just a Quick Message...

Well actually a quote I'd like to share that I think about often before I train.

"You only advance when you push past your comfort level."

Think about this carefully.
Do you think it's possible to take your Jiujitsu skills to a higher level if you don't push past what you're comfortable with?
Do you think it's possible to improve ANY skill without pushing past what your comfortable with?
I'm not talking about taking a huge leap past what your comfortable with because in Jiujitsu that could end up being dangerous and could get you injured.
What I'm talking about are subtle small increments of pushing past what you regularly do.
It's a good habit to get into thinking about this everytime you go train.
It's also a good idea to write this quote down somewhere you'll see it before training. It could be in your car on your way to training, or like me you can write it on your Gi!

No comments:

Post a Comment