Monday, April 7, 2008

The Path To The Black Belt; All I Can Say Is WOW!




Well actually I can and should say ALOT more.

I recently finished reading through this book written by Rodrigo Gracie and Kid Peligro. I think I'll be wearing this copy out in no time as I can see myself returning to it over and over again.
Basically this is an overview of everything that is taught on the way to Black belt.
The great thing about it is that not only techniques are covered but many different topics like how to protect yourself during training and prevent injuries. How to train correctly. Preparing strategy. Learning and retaining single techniques
and even how to select the best techniques for you, on top of all the techniques and drills.
This book makes for THE training manual to own to supplement your training and help keep you focused.
The sections on solo and partner drills are the most complete I've ever seen.
The details provided in the tips on positions and submissions are the most detailed I've seen in a book showing many examples of incorrect ways to apply the techniques as well as the correct ones and clearly explaining the reasons for the subtle differences.
Although no book is a substitute for an instructor, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: The Path to the Black Belt is the first book that I would recommend as a supplement to training.

No comments:

Post a Comment